Thank you for your interest in working with us here at DSSOLVR! Below are the openings we are currently looking to fill. There might be nothing down there, but if you feel like you would be a good fit for a future opening, please send over a cover letter and resume.
FULL TIME CELLAR POSITION
DSSOLVR in Asheville, NC is looking for a highly-motivated, hard-working, positive person to join our fast-growing team. This position is for individuals with heightened attention to detail and a focus on achieving excellence in quality. It’s essential that our team members can think critically, problem solve, execute tasks precisely in a fast-paced environment, and communicate effectively. A desire to research, learn, and constantly improve your knowledge base and skill set is a must. A deep love for the art of cellaring is also required. This position offers competitive pay (B.O.E.), paid vacation, and a 401k.
• Control fermentations according to SOPs and production plan
• Interface with fellow staff and communicate effectively on a constant basis
• Record and comprehend detailed data regarding cellar tasks in real time
• Ensure dry hops, fruit, and adjuncts are added to beers in a timely manner, and in accordance with SOPs and production plan
• Maintain an emphasis on critical thinking and problem solving when it comes to maintaining the production plan
• Ensure weekly kegging and Serving Tank transfers of beers happen in a timely manner in accordance with BIBCO packaging plan
• Ensure all kegging-related packaging materials are in stock and ready for weekly keg runs
• Ensure all cooperage is clean and ready to receive product according to SOPs
• Aid in weekly canning of beers
• Aid in monthly bottling of beers
• Ensure all packaging materials are in stock and ready for weekly packaging runs
• Staging raw materials, ensuring all inventory necessary is available for production
• Execute Fermenter, Brite, and Serving Tank CIP/SIPs according to SOPs
• Yeast Pitching/Harvesting/Management
• Fermentation Management: Gravities, Dry Hopping, Carbonating, Dropping, etc.
• Transferring and blending beer
• Ensure the cleanliness and upkeep of all areas you work in
• Must prioritize safety of yourself and other team members at all times and strive to constantly improve the safety of your work environment
• Participate in regular deep cleaning efforts around the brewery
• Research and bring forward the best ideas about process and quality improvement
• Participate in scheduled in-house maintenance and upkeep according to SOPs and preventative maintenance plans
This is not an exhaustive list and applicants should be ready and willing to lend a hand where necessary to ensure our growing production operates as accurately and smoothly as possible.
• 2+ years of cellar experience
• 1+ years of canning line experience
• 1+ years of Mixed Culture experience
• 1+ years of barrel cooperage experience
• Full Availability throughout the week (and occasional weekend) with a flexible schedule
• Ability to think critically and multitask
• Ability to operate a forklift
• Ability to lift 55+ lbs regularly
• Ability to safely handle concentrated cleaning chemicals on a regular basis
• Ability to crouch, sit, stand, pull, push, bend, and/or twist while working in confined, wet, hot, and/or cold environments
• Ability to stand for an entire shift
• Ability to climb and work on a ladder
• Proficiency in Google Docs
• Proficiency in Ekos brewing software (a plus but not required)
• A love for Lagers, Italian Disco, and Surrealism (obviously required)
If you think you’re a good fit for this position and our team, please submit your cover letter and resume to the form below.
Job Inquiry Form
If you’re interested in the jobs listed above, please fill out and submit the following form.